26-28 April: Dare to #findyourxtreme with the Big 6 Xtreme (Marine Mile, 35 km MTB Challenge, Swim-Run-Jump Challenge, Sprint Triathlon, Open Water Swim and 20 km Trail Run). Entry fee: R1 500
- Westvaal Auto Valley Xtreme Stage Race – 08:00. Entry fees: R400 – R700
This year, the Hi-Tec Walkerbay Xtreme has introduced an all-new stage race MTB event. Enter both Stage 1 and Stage 2 for just R700 or choose to do a single distance on either day.
- Blue Mountain Xtreme Stage Race – 09:00. Entry fees: R280 – R500
An all-new stage race for the Xtreme trail adventurers. Enter both Stage 1 and 2 for just R500 or choose to enter a single distance on either day.
- Windsor Marine Mile Xtreme – From 15:30. Entry fees: R50 – R100
Community-level athletics is making a comeback, and you’re invited to join for the street mile in Hermanus and get hooked on some fast fun.
- Cliff Path Xtreme – 16:15/17:00. Entry fees: R100 – R150
Whether you’re a novice or seasoned runner, the 5.6 km and 12.2 km distances will test your endurance while running along the scenic boardwalk that follows the Hermanus coastline.
- Valley Xtreme MTB Challenge – From 07:30. Entry fees: R250 – R400
These trails were originally purpose-built for the Cape Epic and Wines2Whales but have since been expanded for some memorable riding through beautiful valleys and wine farms. Choose between 22 km, 36 kms and 58 km.
- Old Harbour Xtreme – 08:15. Entry fees: R100 – R300
A wet start in the Old Harbour will set participants on a thrilling course to Grotto Beach and back (8km), with a second loop for the long course paddlers (16km).
- Blue Water Xtreme – 08:15. Entry fees: R100 – R150
Propel yourself through the water in the 5 km SUP race, following a 500 m dash while being cheered on by the crowd around the Old Harbour. This is a fun event for competitive and amateur paddlers.
- Blue Mountain Xtreme – From 8:30. Entry fees: R220 – R280
These train runs promise sweeping vistas of the Hermanus area, as athletes tackle the expanded trail routes along the mountains before finishing at the race village above the Old Harbour. Choose between 9 km and 21 km.
- See & Sand Xtreme – 11:00. Entry fee: R300
Not for the faint-hearted. This thrilling adventure comprises a 400 m swim, 1.5 km run, Dreunkrans cliff jump, 400 m swim and 1 km run, finishing off with a final 500 m swim. You can consider yourself the ultimate WBX Warrior if you conquer the Dreunkrans cliff jump.
- Urban Xtreme – 14:00. Entry fee: R300
Get your adrenaline pumping in this 800m MTB Criterium Circuit Race, as the event combines a short track race with technical obstacles and urban flavour.
- Twilight Xtreme – 18:00. Entry fee: R150
Breathe in the fresh air, listen to the soothing sounds of the ocean, and allow your remaining, unobstructed senses to make up for your lack of sight with this 7.1 km night run. Headlamps are compulsory.
- Walkerbay Xtreme Triathlon – 08:00. Entry fee: R500
From the thrilling swim loop in the Old Harbour to the scenic cycle and run-with-a-view, the Walkerbay Xtreme Triathlon Challenge offers you a combination of events like no other.
- Walkerbay Xtreme Junior Triathlon – 11:00. Entry fee: R350
This event is open to youngsters 8 – 15 years old and will consist of a 150 m swim, 5 km cycle and 2 km run.
- Strongman Xtreme – From 10:30
Spectators will, as always, be in awe of the superhuman feats of strength these competitors perform.
- Open Water Xtreme – From 12:00. Entry fee: R220 – R500
Brave the Atlantic Ocean for a 2.5 km swim from the New Harbour to the historic Old Harbour, while the panoramic Cliff Path offers a perfect bird’s eye view for family, friends and fans. In 2018 the Hi-Tec Walkerbay Xtreme introduced a shorter 600 m and in 2019 an ultra 5 km swim for Xtreme Open Water swimmers, will be introduced.
Enter online at http://www.walkerbayxtreme.com/
For more information, follow Walkerbay Xtreme on Facebook (www.facebook.com/walkerbayxtreme), Twitter (@walkerbayxtreme) or Instagram (@walkerbayxtreme).