The second phase of fibre provider, Lightstruck’s roll-out is set to start early in the new year.
According to Hannes Pieterse, CEO of Lightstruck, the next phase will include parts of Eastcliff, Fernkloof and Hermanus Heights. There has been such an overwhelming demand for their services that they have decided to start with phase two as soon as possible.
“This time around the laying of the fibre optic cables will take a bit longer than it did in the Old Town and Eastcliff, as we will be complying with the municipality’s requirement of digging the trenches manually instead of mechanically, as we did during the first phase. This will unfortunately mean extended timelines and more manpower, but we will endeavour to stick to our work ethics and time frames as far as it is within our control,” said Pieterse.
There is also good news for owners of holiday homes in Hermanus as the roll-out of fibre opens up brand-new options in terms of security.
“With our fast and reliable optic network there are several security options available online that will allow you to livestream from security cameras inside and outside your home to any device wherever you are. With these camera systems you will be up to date as to what is happening at your property at all times.”
But for this you will need a reliable fibre connection. One example is the cost-effective Wyze Cams (sold on takealot.com) which are perfect for monitoring your home when you’re not there. It is an indoor wireless smart home camera with night vision, two-way audio, person detection and the great thing is that it works with Alexa and Google Assistant.
It offers some great features:
- You get notified when a person is detected
- You can have full HD live stream direct to your smartphone day or night
- Motion tagging technology detects and outlines motion in both live stream and playback video modes
- Get alerted instantly! Wyze Cam automatically records a 12 second event video when it detects motion or sound
- It works for Alexa and Google Assistant so you can ask to show your garage door to check if it’s closed, or your rooms or front door, for example
- Wyze Cams deliver fast, clear, live stream footage directly to your smartphone via the Wyze App.
These cameras are available from as little as R450 online.
Pieterse said no matter which local internet service provider you choose, with Lightstruck’s fibre connections you can be assured of exceptional service and connectivity. “All our packages are symmetrical, which means you get the same speed up and down. And all our packages are uncapped which means that you get unlimited data access at a steady speed.”
Visit lightstruck.co.za/packages/ to find a suitable service provider and package.