Since launching in 2016, the PEUGEOT 3008 has taken the lead in the compact SUV market, achieved outstanding commercial performance in Europe and internationally, and scooped the Car of The Year award in 2017.
Fast forward to 2021 now and get ready for the brand-new PEUGEOT 3008. Fresh new design sets the tone for modern styling, with the front redesigned, full LED rear lights and new body colour options… this truly is elegance on wheels.
Peugeot has not compromised on intelligent technology either – the new 3008 boasts the latest-generation driving aids, as well as the impressive new PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® with high-quality display headset and 10-inch high-definition touch screen.
The front of the new PEUGEOT 3008 has evolved towards a distinctive style as unique as ever. Inspired design sets the standard for the next phase of modernity, while enhancing its vibrant, refined look and setting it apart from its competitors.
A new frameless grille symbolises the move to more contemporary styling, yet maintains fluid lines, which extend with fins under the headlamps to connect all the elements. Lastly, in line with the entire Peugeot range, the bonnet nose now proudly displays the model’s monogram.
Emphasising sportiness, shiny black side scoops and a painted tread plate have been included into the new bumper from the original trim level.
There is a specific grille on the GT model with a scalable design pattern to emphasise the stylistic upgrade of this version.
The front headlamps have also been redesigned to be more aggressive and include LED technology extended by hook-shaped Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) with chrome tips – a light signature perfectly in line with current Peugeot style and identifiable at first glance.
Full LED headlamps on the GT offer a high-tech, distinctive look, creating an extended light signature further optimised by the bend lighting function (EVS), which enhances visibility at speeds of up to 90 km/h.
The new ‘Foggy Mode’ function replaces the fog lights and is integrated into the LED headlamps – the system switches on the low beam headlamps with reduced intensity when the rear fog lamps are activated.
The rear of the vehicle features new, upgraded rear lights with full LED technology (including reversing light), and displays the 3D claws for a punchy light signature. The indicators are sequential.
Covered with clear, smoked glass, the lights extend the black boot lid on each side of the vehicle, helping to visually widen the rear of the vehicle.
The GT Models have new 19-inch aluminium wheels to make this finish even more exclusive.
In addition, the GT monograms (front wings and boot lid) have been upgraded.
The new PEUGEOT 3008 will be available in the following shades:
- Celebes Blue (new shade)
- Vertigo Blue (new shade)
- Pearl White
- Artense Grey
- Platinum Grey
- Perla Nera Black
- Ultimate Red
An enhanced experience with the new i-Cockpit®
The success of the PEUGEOT 3008 is also partly due to its spectacular interior. In the new PEUGEOT 3008 the PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® is more modern than ever:
- The 12.3-inch digital headset, which is fully customisable and configurable, features a digital panel with “Normally Black” technology for high quality rendering with better readability and contrasts.
- The new central touch screen is 10 inches in size. The screen is high definition and comes with a series of seven elegant piano keys – the “toggle switches” – allowing direct and permanent access to the main comfort functions: radio, air conditioning, navigation with voice command, vehicle settings, telephone, mobile applications, and hazard warning
On the centre console, all internal combustion engines equipped with automatic gearboxes are now fitted with the driving mode selector as standard, allowing the driver to choose between Normal, Sport and Eco.
To underscore the modernisation of the i-Cockpit®, the upgrade is reflected in the interior with new trims, which add to the cabin’s allure and perceived level of quality:
- On the GT, new Red Nappa Leather upholstery is available as an option over the standard Black Nappa Leather.
- New mid-PET and textile upholstery are also available onembellished with the range of new exclusive decors:
- New Dark Lime Wood and window winder with chrome inserts
- New “Frameless” rear-view mirror on the
The new PEUGEOT 3008 includes all the latest generation driving aids as part of its range of on-board technologies:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go function on the GT, and it automatically restarts the vehicle if the stop was less than 3 seconds. Otherwise, a simple press action by the driver will restart the function. This forms part of the Drive Assist
- Lane Keep assist, the system monitors road marking and road edge to actively assist in keeping the vehicle in the lane should it unintentionally drift across without the indicator being put on. Part of the Safety Plus
- Latest-generation automatic emergency braking (detects pedestrians and cyclists, day and night, from 5 km/h to 140 km/h depending on version) with collision risk warning,
- Extended recognition of traffic signs (stop, one-way, no overtaking, ).
Of course, the new PEUGEOT 3008 still offers a complete range of driving assistance equipment:
- Visiopark 1 with 180° rear view camera,
- Visiopark 2 with 360° front and rear cameras,
- Park Assist, sensors to assist in parking,
- Active warning of unintentional lane (or roadside) departure with trajectory correction,
- Driver Warning Alert, to detect driver alertness over long driving times and at speeds above 65 km/h by analysing steering wheel micro-movements,
- Automatic switching to and from high beam,
- Speed sign recognition and recommendation,
- Active blind spot monitoring system (with trajectory correction). This function is available from 12 km/h,
- Hands-free tailgate,
- Dual-pane sunroof (optional on GT),
- Multi-point massage driver’s seat,
- Electric parking
Smartphones have become an integral part of our daily lives, much as they have for the new PEUGEOT 3008. Information is integrated into the central screen thanks to Mirror Screen compatibility including Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ connection protocols. To recharge the devices, in addition to the wireless smartphone recharge, there is a USB socket in row 1 and on GT there are two new USB sockets in row 2.
The new PEUGEOT 3008 GT is equipped with a 515 Watt FOCAL® high-end Hifi system, with French-style high-fidelity sound for the enjoyment of the passengers and stylized new loud speaker grilles (tweeters and centre channel), that now come in Belem bronze.
In South Africa, the new PEUGEOT 3008 is available with the acclaimed 1.6-litre THP petrol engine. Complying with Euro 6 regulations and approved according to the WLTP protocol (Worldwide harmonised Light vehicles Text Procedures), this efficient turbocharged engine produces just 156 g/km of CO2.
Mated to a six-speed automatic transmission across the range, the four-cylinder engine develops 121kW at 6 000 r/min and 240Nm of torque at just 1 400 r/min. This impressive performance allows the 3008 to accelerate to 100km/h in 8.9 seconds yet return a frugal economy of 7 l/100km on the combined cycle.
A creative and distinctive upgrade
With three derivatives namely Active, Allure and GT the new PEUGEOT 3008 is set to appeal to an upmarket clientele. The creative and distinctive upgrade brings greater comfort, aesthetics, and assistance as shown in the descriptions below.
- ACTIVE 1 7-inch Aluminium wheels / EcoLED lighting / Visibility Pack / Hands-free start / Dual zone Automatic climate control / rear Parking aid / Roof Rails / 8” Infotainment system with Mirror screen / Cruise Control with Speed Limiter / Rear parking assistance
- ALLURE 1 8-inch alloy wheels / Hands-free access and start / Hands-free tailgate / Ambient lighting / Tinted windows / Safety Plus package / electrically folding mirrors / Front & Rear parking aid + VisioPark 1 – 180deg. Camera / PET & Fabric upholstery
- GT 19-inch alloy wheels / Black Diamond roof / Drive Assist pack / Full LED headlamps / Front & Rear parking aid + VisioPark 2 – 360 deg. Camera / Wireless Smartphone Charging / 10” HD Infotainment system with Navigation / FOCAL® Hifi / Massaging electric seats pack / Nappa Leather upholstery
Driving pleasure is in the DNA of this new PEUGEOT 3008. Its handling is outstanding, it comes with top-of-the-range driving comfort, ensures excellent driving pleasure, and remains perfectly maneuverable in town, with a turning radius between kerbs of 10.7 m.
PEUGEOT 3008 Active R 514 900
PEUGEOT 3008 Allure R 574 900
PEUGEOT 3008 GT R 644 900