The stormwater upgrades in Main Road, Marine Drive and High Street, as well as in Mimosa and Prelliwitz Streets in the Industrial Area are on track and progress is currently in line with the planned construction programme.
According to the Overstrand Municipality, no significant challenges have been experienced by the contractor to date. The anticipated completion date for this project is 30 April 2021.
Project status report:
Phase 1 – Area 1 (Marine Drive and parking area)
- Construction on Marine Drive is 90% completed and the parking area is open for vehicle parking. Pedestrian access and movement is possible.
Phase 1 – Area 2 (Hamewith building)
- The construction is 80% completed. Only the stormwater connection point, from Main Road to the entrance of the Hamewith building still has to be completed.
Phase 1 – Area 3a (Main Road)
- 70% of the construction works has been completed. The anticipated re-opening of Main Road is planned for the last week of October 2020.
Phase 1 – Area 3b (Dirkie Uys Street)
- Construction work commenced in the first week of October 2020.
Phase 2 – Area 2 + 3 (High Street)
- Construction work for this phase will commence during the month of October 2020, as planned.